GNA manages a multi-faceted communications strategy for the Volvo LIGHTS project, including initiatives critical for its partnerships with a wide range of external stakeholders.
- Communications Strategy
- Media Relations
- Design Services
- Website Design & Development
- Events & Experiential Marketing
- Funding 360
About the Project
Volvo LIGHTS is a unique collaboration between the South Coast Air Quality Management District (AQMD), Volvo Trucks and 13 other organizations to pioneer a range of vehicle, charging and workforce development innovations critical for the commercial success of battery electric trucks and equipment.
Project Development & Administration
In partnership with South Coast AQMD and Volvo Trucks, GNA developed the vision and team for the Volvo LIGHTS project to serve as an important step toward transforming goods movement. LIGHTS provides a blueprint to successfully introduce zero-emission battery electric trucks and equipment into the market at scale.
- Developed the winning $44.8 million dollar grant from the California Air Resources Board’s Zero- and Near-Zero Emission Freight Facilities (ZANZEFF) program
- Ensures all project deliverables are on track and on budget
Website Design & Development
To educate key transportation stakeholders on the opportunities and challenges of widescale electrification of freight transportation, GNA facilitated the strategy, content, design and development of the Volvo LIGHTS website. The website was consistently updated throughout the project with:
- Educational content on fleet electrification
- Media releases and news coverage
- Project photos and videos
- Downloadable fact sheets and slides
GNA supported the project team with producing an Innovation Showcase at TEC Equipment’s state-of-the-art Fontana dealership. Our team managed event logistics, audience development and outreach, event registration, session development, and onsite setup and staffing.
Attendees had an opportunity to take a test ride in the pilot Volvo VNR electric truck on a specially designed route at the Auto Club Speedway racetrack. In addition, they participated in interactive educational sessions that spotlighted:
- Strategies to provide reliable and cost-effective power to fleet operators
- Partnerships with local colleges to introduce new workforce development opportunities
- How truck GPS data collection and analysis efforts has the potential to improve truck routing
To maximize the transfer of knowledge gained throughout the multi-year project, GNA supports the project partners with ongoing communications and outreach activities and manages the ongoing communications strategy, including:
- Writing a series of educational articles
- Coordinating participation at various industry and community events
- Managing an ongoing media release schedule to highlight project milestones
- Producing a series of educational videos
Supporting the Volvo LIGHTS team with the design and implementation of an ecosystem to support widescale freight electrification, and then working with project partners on education and outreach to transfer this knowledge has helped: