American Clean Skies Foundation is a leading Washington, DC, advocacy group working for cleaner energy in the US transportation and power sectors.
- Understand how for-hire transportation services model employed by the US federal government can be leveraged to drive investment in alternative fuels
- Educate key transportation-focused leadership within key federal government agencies as to the potential to use alternative fuels to meet the government’s for-hire transportation needs
- Drive change to see a measurable increase in the use of alternative fuels by those providing for-hire transportation services to the US federal government
- Provide a summary report on the use of alternative fuels by carriers on behalf of shippers in the private sector
- Completely a comprehensive survey of federal government agencies and several transportation service providers (i.e. carriers) to discuss and identify opportunities for the use of alternative fuels
- Participate in an all day workshop with key members of several US federal government agencies to provide comprehensive information on these issues
- Identified several “low hanging fruit” opportunities for the use of alternative fuels in the for-hire transportation services being contracted by the US federal government: GNA identified a select number of opportunities where the use of alternative fuel trucks could likely be successfully introduced into the for-hire transportation services being contracted by the US Postal Service, US Department of Defense, and General Services Administration. Further dialogue and investigation into these opportunities continues.