- GNA Insight
- News Story
ACT Expo 2022 Draws 8,500+ Attendees from Around the Globe
May 18, 2022
Building on more than a decade of continued growth, ACT Expo 2022 highlighted the accelerating pace of advanced transportation technologies, once again setting an all-time high attendance record.
ACT Expo 2022 saw an incredible week of networking, peer-to-peer learning, exciting technology debuts and announcements, advanced vehicle test drives, and more! Prior records were shattered with more than 8,500 attendees, demonstrating the growing interest and investment in low- and zero-emission transportation solutions.
Over four education-packed days, the industry’s top executives and most progressive fleets shared insight into the growing number of fleet deployments of battery-electric and fuel cell vehicles, how fleets are turning to renewable fuels to make immediate and cost-effective progress toward sustainability goals, the magnified focus on autonomous technology, and the multiplying ways in which policy and funding opportunities are helping drive a more sustainable future.
Event highlights included:
- An expansive expo hall packed with hundreds of the latest clean vehicles, infrastructure solutions, and technologies.
- Compelling keynote presentations from Daimler Truck North America, Cummins, and Navistar.
- An update on the progress of clean transportation fuels and technologies through the launch of the 2022 State of Sustainable Fleets Market Brief.
- Four-days of educational workshops covering the latest transportation trends, including battery technology, EV charging, hydrogen, sustainability, innovations in natural gas vehicles, and eTRUs.
- An opportunity to test drive dozens of advanced vehicles across all weight classes at the two-day Ride & Drive event.
- Numerous media events highlighting new vehicle debuts, advanced clean vehicle orders and deployments, groundbreaking infrastructure projects, and innovative partnerships.
ACT Expo 2022 featured more than 150 speakers representing the industry’s top transportation executives and most progressive fleet operators, including:
- Mathias Carlbaum, President and Chief Executive Officer, Navistar
- Tom Linebarger, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Cummins
- David Carson, Senior Vice President, Sales & Marketing, Daimler Truck North America
- Art Vallely, President, Penske Truck Leasing
- Peter Voorhoeve, President, Volvo Trucks North America
- Mary Aufdemberg, General Manager of Product Strategy and Market Development, Daimler Truck North America
- Craig Harper, Chief Sustainability Officer, Executive Vice President, J.B. Hunt
- Marie Robinson, Executive Vice President, Chief Supply Chain Officer, Sysco
Carlton Rose, President, Global Fleet Maintenance, UPS
- Bill Bliem, Senior Vice President of Fleet Services, NFI Industries
- Govi Kannan, Senior Vice President of Global Product, Mack Trucks
- Thomas Healy, Chief Executive Officer, Hyliion
- Craig Knight, Chief Executive Officer, Hyzon Motors
- Andreas Lips, Chief Executive Officer, Shell Recharge Solutions
- Debbie Kalish, Director, Enterprise, Sustainability and EST Initiatives, American Tire Distributors
Participants from the 2022 event that registered for a full conference pass can access speaker presentations and general session recordings here.
With both ACT Expo and the advanced transportation sector continuing to grow at an accelerated pace, ACT Expo is moving to a larger convention center in Anaheim. Save the date for the next event: May 1 – 4, 2023, in Anaheim Convention Center, Anaheim, CA.