Specialist, Event Marketing | Santa Monica, California
Gladstein, Neandross & Associates (GNA), a national clean transportation and energy consulting firm, is seeking an Event Marketing Specialist to join our Creative division in our Santa Monica office. This position primarily supports the team that produces GNA’s educational events and expos, including the Advanced Clean Transportation Expo, the High Horsepower Summit, Dairy Sustainability Summit, and the Rethink Methane Symposium.
- Develop and deploy responsive email marketing campaigns (triggered and transactional) for events/conferences, news publications, and webinars (GNA uses Eloqua; experience in Marketo, Pardot, and Hubspot are also relevant).
- Manage relationships with key trade associations and non-profits that provide marketing support.
- Drive the content development, posting, and engagement tactics for GNA’s event social media accounts (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook).
AUDIENCE DEVELOPMENT & DATABASE MARKETING SUPPORT:
- Support the segmentation, tracking and analysis of on- and off-line marketing campaigns (i.e., mail, email, phone, and voicemail campaigns).
- Assist with conducting research on individuals, corporations, and/or foundations for prospect activity based on market trends, audience behavior and marketing automation.
- Provide pre-show and on-site registration support for our events using Cvent registration software.
- Answer the customer service hotline for GNA’s events and assist with questions related to the program, registration, travel, etc.
- Perform ongoing database maintenance initiatives reports and assist with general data analysis as it relates to the health of the database and audience development.
- Assist with monthly database clean-up operation while ensuring that all program components across the company are updated accordingly.
- Help manage custom objects, fields, formulas, analytic snapshots and report types in Eloqua and Salesforce.
- Help maintain validation rules and custom workflow in Eloqua and Salesforce.
- 2 to 5 years of experience working in a communications or marketing role (client-facing is a plus)
- Solid grasp of email marketing tools and best practices, with 1+ years preferred experience using a marketing automation system (e.g., Eloqua, Marketo, Pardot)
- Intermediate to advanced understanding of HTML
- Experience building responsive emails preferred
- Strong writing skills with experience drafting marketing collateral and/or press releases
- Basic proficiency in Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in communications, marketing, business, English, or public relations
- Competitive hourly rate with opportunities for growth and career development with GNA
- Vacation and sick time
- Medical, dental, vision and disability benefits
- 401K Program
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified candidates should submit a resume, cover letter containing salary requirements and available start dates to [email protected] “Event Marketing Specialist” must be in the subject line of your email. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for this position without regard to their race, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, or medical condition.
Manager / Specialist, Communications & Media | Santa Monica, California
GNA, a national clean transportation and energy consulting firm, is seeking a Communications & Media Specialist / Manager (depending on experience) with a background in the transportation and/or clean energy sector to join the GNA Creative division in our Santa Monica office.
Our team at GNA is driven by our passion to improve national energy security, create U.S. jobs, improve air quality for communities, and aid our customers in reducing their operating costs. This passion has led GNA’s conferences and expos to become the largest and most prominent events in the clean transportation sector.
This is an exciting opportunity to use your stellar written and verbal communications expertise to take complex information and distill it down into concise and effective content to help advance the clean energy and vehicle technology market. Through your work, you will drive strategic communications campaigns for a variety of projects and clients spanning the full spectrum of the clean energy and transportation industries. In addition, you will have the opportunity to work with GNA’s partners and executive team—some of the most well-respected and recognized leaders in the clean transportation industry—on thought leadership campaigns.
The ideal candidate for this role must be organized, creative, driven, and have excellent written and analytical skills.
Your Responsibilities Include:
- Manage media and communications projects for GNA’s clients, including educational webinars, newsletters, and media campaigns
- Identify key industry trends and issues of concern to GNA’s clients for thought leadership article opportunities
- Develop creative strategies to drive media coverage for clients and projects
- Developing and editing thought leadership content on behalf of GNA’s executives and clients
- Assist in crafting client project proposals and budgets
- Build and maintain relationships with technology, trade, and business reporters/bloggers in print, broadcast and online media
- Manage and respond to incoming media requests, arrange and facilitate media interviews
- Writing and editing news releases, and coordinating distribution of releases
First and foremost, we are looking for a team member that is passionate about learning and has a strong commitment to environmental sustainability. Beyond that, qualifications include:
- 3 to 5 years of communications experience, preferably in a client-facing environment
- Good knowledge of reaching the media and other influencers via traditional and social media such as Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc.
- Must thrive in a fast-paced, evolving environment and possess a strong ability to adapt, multitask and manage multiple deadlines at once
- Prior experience leading project teams, including facilitating productive group collaborations, driving timelines and follow through on action items
- Prior experience working with executives to coordinate media interview opportunities, as well as ghost writing thought leadership articles for media publications.
- Basic understanding of HTML, preferred experience with WordPress
- Strong writing, editing, research and analytical skills with a portfolio of writing samples
- Experience in and/or knowledge of the clean transportation, alternative fuel, and/or energy industry is a major plus.
- Excellent teamwork, communication and time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to balance multiple projects with tight deadlines
- Highly self-motivated, self-directed, and detail-oriented
- Excellent facilitation and creative problem solving skills
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, technology or related field.
Work Environment & Perks:
- Fast-paced, high growth work environment
- Friendly, fun, and collaborative team-based work environment
- Diversity of projects
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays
- 5 to 10% travel required
Compensation & Benefits
This full-time, staff position offers an annual salary, as well as a full benefits package, including medical, dental vision and long-term disability insurance. We also offer 401k plans and performance-based bonus opportunities.
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified candidates should submit a resume in an email or letter containing available start date and a cover letter briefly stating why you are an ideal candidate for this position. Please include at least two writing samples in your submission. Please send the information to [email protected] with the subject line “Communications & Media Specialist / Manager, GNA Creative Division.”
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for this position without regard to their race, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, or medical condition.
Programs and Policy Senior Associate | Santa Monica, California
Gladstein, Neandross & Associates (GNA) is seeking a Senior Associate to join its Programs Department. Successful applicants will possess exceptional writing, research, communication, organizational, analytical, customer service, project management, and follow-up skills. Candidates must have a “can-do” attitude, willingness to work hard in order to get the job done in a deadline-driven environment, and a passion for delivering excellence. Must be a self-starter, with the ability to anticipate, respond to, and fulfill supervisor, teammate, and client needs. Candidates must possess a strong work ethic and the ability to adapt and remain calm when facing unforeseen challenges. Interdisciplinary, entrepreneurial thinkers with the ability to communicate complex ideas on paper to diverse audiences and a passion for knowledge and learning will absolutely thrive in our office and with our clients.
Successful candidates must: be extremely organized and checks and rechecks project components before considering something complete; have an anything-it-takes approach; have the ability to time-manage and juggle multiple important projects; be curious and tenacious in the pursuit of knowledge; and have exceptional written communication and time management skills. Professional experience is required, but not necessarily in the clean energy or grant writing fields. Skills acquired in the legal, engineering or public sector are often transferable. Our industry changes on a daily basis so aptitude and passion are more critical than what you know today about GNA’s highly specialized line of work. The right candidate will demonstrate a clear history of initiative, problem-solving, and results-driven excellence in all personal, academic, and professional endeavors.
This position will consist mostly of Project Management and Reporting, which includes the following job responsibilities:
- Keep clean transportation and energy client projects moving by supporting and overseeing deliverables.
- Assist clients in completing reports to public agencies on grants they have secured.
- Track alternative fuel and advanced technology grant opportunities in assigned regions of the country, write grants as a team under guidance from management, and complete grant reporting compliance activities for grant funds obtained on behalf clients.
- Client-facing e-mails, phone calls and meetings to present deliverables and field questions regarding grants.
- Assist public agencies in reviewing grant applications.
- Exceptional organizational and writing skills are critical for a candidate that is interested in this position.
- Support GNA’s highly successful grant writing and funding procurement team.
If you do not love project management, researching and writing, you will not thrive in this position. If you can’t stop yourself from triple checking the FinalfinalfinaldocumentV6, you are naturally inclined to succeed in this position.
Additional job duties could include:
- Project management: Provide efficient and cost-effective results on both client and company
projects. Must be capable of independently setting, tracking, and reporting on progress related for
multiple project and billable hour goals. Must regularly report on progress, challenges, and
approach to team leaders and management.
- Client Relations: Professionally interact with industry contacts and clients on a regular basis,
understand their business needs, provide consistent and well-prepared status reports on
deliverables, manage and address unexpected developments, and communicate research and
recommendations in a confidence-inspiring manner.
- Research: Conduct primary and secondary research on a broad spectrum of market, technical, and
policy issues and assist in the development and production of high quality reports which provide this
research to either specific or broad audiences. Be able to translate detailed and/or nuanced
technical information into readily understandable and actionable information for you target
- Communications: Prepare regular memos on project status for clients and for staff. Create
publication-quality and client-ready written reports, marketing materials, correspondence, grant
applications, presentations, and other communications that clearly and concisely summarize project
goals, accomplishments and recommendations in the most compelling manner for the appropriate
- Outreach and Organization: Develop and implement strategies to communicate the objective of
projects to diverse audiences, including business, government, non-profit organizations and
community groups. Conduct surveying, data gathering, and informational awareness campaigns via
telephone, internet, in person, and other outreach strategies. Interface directly with a variety of
contacts in to gather information for various projects.
- Presentations: Prepare and deliver written and oral presentations which effectively distill and
communicate GNA’s and/or our client’s project efforts, goals, and recommendations.
- Business Development: Lead and assist in the identification and new project and revenue
opportunities with existing and potential clients.
- Firm Promotion: Actively contribute to the firm’s development and growth by participating in
internal initiatives such as administration, human resources, marketing, infrastructure development,
and team development.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Education: A BA or BS and a strong potential for professional success is required. MA, MPA, or MPP preferred.
- Professional Experience: 2-5 years of experience in deadline-driven environments is required.
Experience working with alternative fuels, advanced transportation technology, renewable energy, air quality, or energy policy is a plus.
- Skills: Exceptional writing, research, analytical, communication, public speaking and presentation,
organization, facilitation, and interpersonal skills. In addition to a strong technical/analytical
background and top-notch communications skills, an excellent grasp of business strategy,
marketing methods, organizational and leadership issues is also necessary. Must be able to learn
from constructive criticism and adapt to rapidly-changing project needs and priorities.
- Expertise: Technical and analytical expertise in the environmental and/or energy domain,
combined with some communications, or public relations experience a plus.
- Language: Fluency in English is required and Spanish is a plus.
- Ability to Travel: Travel may be required.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
The position will offer a competitive and attractive compensation package that includes a base salary
with the opportunity for a bonus based on performance and results produced.
Full benefits package including medical, dental, disability and insurance. We also offer 401k Plans.
Qualified candidates should e-mail a cover letter, resume, two (2) relevant writing samples and
minimum salary requirements, to [email protected]. Be sure to include “SENIOR ASSOCIATE POSITION” in the subject line of your email.
If possible, one of the writing samples should be industry-relevant. Further, the sample should be
pertinent to a situation where you were required to analyze a technical situation and had to
communicate it to a wider audience. Such examples include an analysis of a new environmental policy
for a group of stakeholders, or a review of new legislation and the identification of potential impacts.
There is no relocation assistance for this position therefore, only local candidates who already reside in
the Los Angeles Area will be contacted. You may also send your application packet by U.S. Mail or
submit it in person at our Santa Monica, CA offices at 2525 Ocean Park Blvd, Suite 200, Santa Monica,
About Gladstein, Neandross & Associates
Founded in 1993 and headquartered in Santa Monica, California and New York, New York, Gladstein,
Neandross & Associates (GNA) helps many of the nation’s leading businesses and government
agencies develop and implement policies and technologies that reduce pollution and the use of
conventional petroleum products.
GNA works with clients – including corporations, utilities, public agencies and non-governmental
organizations – to encourage private and public support for the increased use of alternative fuels in
transportation, renewable energy sources in power generation, and accelerating development and
integration of advanced energy technologies into our economy.
GNA’s success results from our: wide-ranging experience; commitment to excellence; technical
expertise; in-depth understanding of public policy and available grant funding programs; and extensive
strategic relationships with industry, government, environmental groups and impacted communities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for this position without regard to their race, religion,Apply Send to a Friend
ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, or medical condition.
Program Coordinator Specialist | Santa Monica, California
Are you looking for a meaningful career in energy efficiency and air quality improvement where your efforts can have market shaping impacts? Are you passionate about energy, clean air and excited about emerging transportation technologies? Are you a detailed oriented person interested in growth opportunities? Look no further!
GNA is a clean transportation and energy consulting firm that is widely recognized for our work on air quality improvement projects and initiatives. GNA organizes several conferences and tradeshows each year that bring together stakeholders in the transportation and energy sectors to advance the market for new technologies. Most notably, GNA organizes the Advanced Clean Transportation Expo, a week-long conference and exposition event that draws 4,000+ attendees from fleet end users to policy makers to original equipment manufacturers. Recently, GNA has been selected to implement a series of forums and symposia for the Energy Commission in California.
To organize and support these events, it is critical to have an exemplary content and programming team. The Program Coordinator focuses on several aspects of coordinating and managing content and agenda development for GNA’s events and marketing efforts, which is a critical project management and creative role that is vital to the success of the conferences.
This position also has additional responsibilities related to marketing, stakeholder outreach, communications and customer service as listed below:
- Manage and maintain database of speaker and session ideas
- Manage speaker invitations and confirmations, as well as relationships with speakers leading up to the show
- Manage abstract submissions for events
- Schedule high-level committee meetings and perform diligent note taking on calls
- Manage collection of speaker biographies and headshots
- Maintain the agenda and speaker webpages for the conferences
- Manage speaker presentation and collection process; ensure presentations are received, formatted, and uploaded in a timely manner
- Develop and distribute speaker support materials
- Ensure conference materials, including the Agenda Preview, Conference Program, Agenda At-A-Glance, Event Preview, Event Summary, and other documents, are accurate and updated with speaker and agenda details in a timely manner
- Manage up and ensure that milestones around agenda and featured speaker announcements are met
- Manage event program/agenda wrap up process including speaker thank-you’s, posting final agenda, and adding speakers to the master speaker database
- Coordinate/draft GNA website content and collateral materials surrounding the agenda
- Manage and build mutually supportive relationships with alternative fuel industry associations
and related industry professionals
- Answer speaker and abstract inquiries as they arise
To be successful in this position, a Coordinator must be able to combine their passion for the industry
with significant attention to detail and customer service. Candidates should have a passion for learning.
The most successful employees at GNA are always working to advance their skills and knowledge
levels and further develop the organizational skills needed to successfully execute their daily tasks.
This position (and work at GNA in general) provides infinite opportunities for professional growth
and career development and will offer strong support from a committed senior management team.
This job description is broad, but provides the chance to learn more about the various components of
the GNA consultancy, interacting with all departments at GNA. The company encourages all
employees to work on special projects of their own choosing as they arise based on individual skills,
business necessity, professional interests, and the goals of GNA as a whole.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Education: A BA or BS and a strong potential for professional success is required. Candidates with or without degrees will be considered if they possess an exemplary record of success, leadership, and expertise relevant to our needs.
- Professional Experience: 1-2 years of experience in fast-paced, deadline-driven environments are
required. Experience working with alternative fuels, advanced transportation technology, renewable energy, air quality, or energy policy is a plus.
- Skills: Exceptional leadership, management, writing, research, analytical, communication, public
speaking and presentation, organization, facilitation, and interpersonal skills. In addition to a strong technical/analytical background and top-notch communications skills, an excellent grasp of business strategy, marketing methods, organizational and leadership issues is also necessary. Must be able to learn from constructive criticism and adapt to rapidly-changing project needs and priorities.
- Expertise: Technical and analytical expertise in the environmental and/or energy domain, combined
with some communications, or public relations experience a plus.
- Language: Fluency in English is required and Spanish is a plus.
- Ability to Travel: Travel may be required.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
The position will offer a competitive and attractive compensation package that includes a base salary with
the opportunity for a bonus based on performance and results produced.
Full benefits package including medical, dental, and disability insurance. We also offer a 401k plan.
TO APPLYApply Send to a Friend
Qualified candidates should email a cover letter, resume, two (2) relevant writing samples and minimum salary
requirements, to [email protected]. Be sure to include “PROGRAM COORDINATOR POSITION” in the subject line of your email. You may also send your application packet by U.S. mail or submit it in person at our Santa Monica, CA offices at 2525 Ocean Park Blvd, Suite 200, Santa Monica, CA 90405.